Weekend Escape To Soca Valley
Riding on the best trails Soca Valley has to offer
2 VALLEYS – 2 RIDING DAYS – 2 NIGHTS (BED & BREAKFAST & DINNER)
Open season: April 15h – November 15th
Tour difficulty: Beginners & advanced
Enjoy 2 days of riding on the best trails Soca Valley has to offer. Get the most of your day on the bike, use our van shuttle for fast and easy uphills and great local guides to lead you to the best trails.
Ascents and transfers will be mostly assisted with our shuttle van, partly on feet or by pedals. Pace of riding down the trails will be adopted to your and group MTB riding skills and fitness level. In every case you will get handful of altitude meters of descent in a day trip lasting form 9 A.M to arround 5 P.M. A lunch break is planed in a full day arangement (not included in the price).
We will ride down the slopes of surrounding mountains: Matajur, Kobariski Stol and Kolovrat, between the villages below Krn mountain and just across the state border on the hills surrounding old Italian town Cividale del Friuli. Depending on the abilities of our guests, we will aim to do from 1500 to 3000 m of descending down the different singletracks every day.
We will leave the apartments every day at 9 am and return around 5 pm.
You can book ativities by email email@example.com, by mobile/viber/whatsapp: +386 41 759 307 or by filling out booking form.
2 guided all-day cycling tours
2 x all-day van shuttle
2 day guidance with certified MTB guide
2 nights at Apartments pri Jakobu chalet in the village of Magozd (7 km from Kobarid)
2 days self catered breakfast
1 dinner at the local tourist farm, 1 self made grill dinner at the place of your stay.
Unlimited visit to wellness centre
Bike repair stand, tools
Room for bike washing and storage
EXCLUDED OF THE PRICE:
Travel and activity insurance
Personal safety & cycling equipment
Any other items not mentioned as included
Beverages at included dinner
OPTIONAL: All-day hire of full-suspension bike and helmet (25€ / day)
- Trail type: all mountain / enduro
- Bike type: We recommend all mountain/Enduro type of mountain bike with at least 130 mm of travel.
- Safety equipement: Helmet (mandatory), elbow and knee pads (desirable)
Duration: full day, starting in Kobarid at 8.45 A.M., finishing in Kobarid arround 5 P.M.
- Ascent by Shuttle van: 90 %
- Ascent by foot/pedaling: 10 %
- Required experience: Riders should have prior experieces in riding singletrails. Difficulty 3 of 5.
- Required fitness level: Although we will do large part of ascents by shuttle, there is a lot of descent
- Food & drinks:
- Breakfast is included in price. You should pack energy snacks and drinks for the tour in your backpack. Lunch: we will make a mid day lunch break – 1 hour (not included in the price).
- Dinner: included in the price. We will have dinner at the local tourist farm or we make a grill dinner at the place of your stay.
You can check inn at the apartments anytime pass 3 P.M. on the arrival day. We will do a bike check before dinner and discuss riding plans for the next two days at the grill dinner on the terrace.
After breakfast we take a nice singletrail that takes us to a camp near Kobarid. Here a van picks us up and a short transfer takes us over the border to Italy. We will ride trails around the town San Pietro del Natisone, on the slopes above Nadiza river. Lunch break will be made at small local bodega in village Torreano. Pack your swimming suit in the van, we finish biking with a cold beer and a swim in Nadiza river. Dinner.
OR ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- »GOING SOUTH« ENDURO: Trails down south along the Soca river: Trails arround Kanal ob Soci, Korada, Sveta gora and Skabrijel near Nova gorica.
- »ARROUND TOLMIN« ENDURO: Livek, Kolovrat to Volce, Siroko and Cadrg trails.
- »HIGH ABOVE TOLMIN« ALL MOUNTAIN: Longer all mountain trip to range of mountains above Tolmin. If we return to the valley fast enough, we do another great enduro trail near Most na soči.
After breakfast you do a check out. All your bags can be safely stored in a storage room of the house. We start our biking on the trail that starts few hundred altitude meters above the house, and passes our house to finish in Kobarid. Van will pick us up and transfer us 1200 altitude meters higher to Stol mountain. We will ride trails on north and south slopes of Stol. We will have a lunch break along the way. Another van transfer than takes us again 1000 meters above the valley. First we do a steep Vrsno to Kamno trail. Than shuttle will take us to Kuhinja pastures. Twenty minutes of easy pedaling will get us to the start of probably the flowiest trail of the region which finishes just near the apartment house. Before you leave, you can have a shower and change clothes in wellness part of the house.
Acommodation is at APARTMAJI PRI JAKOBU: www.pri-jakobu.si New modern apartments, located in a small village on the footsteps of the highest mountain of the region Mt. Krn and just a little out of Triglav National Park. One of the trails we are riding goes straight pass our house. House consists of six comfortable fully equipped apartments. Basement of the house consists of common area, breakfast room, launge, a small wellness part and a shared terrace with an option to make grill dinner for the group.
We meet at at the place of our stay. ADRESS: Apartmaji pri Jakobu, Magozd 6, Kobarid – this is the LOCATION. You can check inn at the apartments anytime pass 3 P.M. on the arrival day. We have a group meeting/dinner at 7 P.M. in the basement lounge of the house.
- The easiest way to come to the valley is by car. You have some info on public transportation HERE >>.
- Transfers from nearest airports Ljubljana, Trieste, Venice or Klagenfurt possible upon request and subject of surcharge.
- For information about transfers and transfer prices please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We recommend you bring the following set of spares with you:
- set of brake pads
- 2 spokes (appropriate lengths for your wheelset)
- 2 inner tubes (with the appropriate valve)
- rear derailleur hanger
- 2 spokes (appropriate lengths for your wheelset)
BOOKING & RESERVATION